Current inventory: In stock.
The Power-686 is a power supply intended for use with the Modulus-686 power amplifier and similar high-power amplifiers. This power supply provides twice the capacitance of the smaller Power-86 and uses individual diodes, each with its own heat sink, rather than a single integrated diode bridge. Thus, the Power-686 is well suited for a stereo Modulus-686 and also a good candidate for multi-channel Modulus-86 builds.
The key features of the Power-686 are:
- Optimized PCB layout featuring the elaborate use of copper planes and pours to minimize parasitics.
- Simple capacitor snubber to minimize diode switching noise. Option for CRC snubber for advanced builders.
- Four discrete diodes with individual heat sinks.
- Four 22000 µF, 50 V reservoir capacitors. Snap-in capacitors up to 40 mm in specified diameter supported.
- Power on indicator LED output.
- 23 A rated Molex MegaFit output connector and terminal blocks for easy interfacing both to Modulus amplifiers and other amplifiers.
- Detailed documentation describing how to identify the various windings on an Antek AN/AS-series power transformer and connect the transformer correctly.
- 3.3″ × 5.7″ (84 × 145 mm) footprint. The assembled board measures approximately 57 mm in height.
- Gold plated PCB, made in Canada.
Build budget: The cost of the parts is just shy of $75.